DMC Chartered Professional Accountants Inc. is a leading independent accounting firm located in Prince George, British Columbia, Canada. Our talented team of Chartered Professional Accountants and professionals offer an array of compliance and value-added services ranging from traditional accounting and assurance services to advanced income tax, litigation support, corporate finance and business consulting services. We are delighted to service all of your accounting and business growth needs.
Our team is committed to building strong and lasting relationships through exceptional service delivery and customized solutions. Personalized service provides our clients with the assurance that we understand your needs while bestowing value, quality and peace of mind.
We bring clarity to complex business problems.
Our Audit and Assurance Services
Audit engagement teams work with management and partners to help clients review internal controls, reduce errors and enhance profitability. Accurate and timely information is paramount to the success and sustainability of an organization or business. Our audit teams work with you and your stakeholders to maximize the value of your financial statements and to mitigate risk for internal and external stakeholders.
DMC invests greatly in our team to ensure they are versed in the ongoing changes to Canada’s financial reporting and auditing requirements.
Our audit services include:
- Assessing current internal and financial controls
- Assessing and managing risk
- Maintaining compliance and corroborating tests
- Reviewing cash flow, financial positions and operations
- Providing lenders, suppliers and investors with professional and timely documentation
- Corporate governance reviews
- Accounting software consulting and implementation
- Assistance with complex accounting matters and financial statement preparation
Corporate Tax Services
The tax advisors at DMC focus on providing you with comprehensive tax services that are customized for your specific needs. Our tax team aims to ensure that you can plan your business objectives effectively and minimize your taxation liabilities. Our team provides timely advice and includes you in the planning. Our team also keeps you informed of changing tax laws that may impact your business or business decisions.
Our services include:
- Corporate returns
- Identify and implement tax strategies and planning
- Minimize tax liabilities through consistent ongoing planning
- Business tax structure
- Explore and complete restructuring plans for sales, succession or growth, reducing your tax burden
- Owner-manager remuneration
- Multi-provincial planning for income and sales tax
- Family trusts
- Business acquisitions, mergers and divestitures
- Commodity tax services, including GST, PST, and HST
- Agricultural tax planning
- Tax audit representation
Corporate Financial Statements
Accurate and timely financial information is pivotal to any successful business. In today’s business environment small to medium sized businesses (SME’s) compete globally and require sound financial information and Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) to ensure competitive advantage. Our accounting team works with you and your stakeholders to maximize the value of your business as reflected in your financial statements.
At DMC, we provide several options for clients, from the least assurance based Notice-To-Reader statement, to our Annual Report™. Should external stakeholders require audited financial statements, our team is ready to work with you to ensure professional statements reflect the position of your company fairly.
Notice To Reader Financial Statements
A notice to reader financial statement is the most simplistic of the financial statements. Our team takes your bookkeeping and monthly accounting records and prepares a year-end financial statement and corporate tax return.
Review Engagement Financial Statements
A year-end financial statement requires more due diligence and testing of the financial information received from the client. Our team will conduct analytical assessments and do long-term planning for your business operation along with corporate tax planning.
DMC Annual Report ™
The DMC Annual Report provides a roadmap for clients to monitor future performance and evaluate past performance. Clients receive graphical presentations of Key Performance Indicators, graphical representation and ranking of key ratios. It is essential to your business and industry to benchmark your business against others of the same size, five years of historical information, an indication of the value, and finally, an action plan to help you establish objectives for the coming year. Your Review Engagement Financial Statement is only a small component of your Annual Report. The most excellent value is the advisory meeting you will have with one of our professionals as they review the package with you.
Business Audit Services
Occasionally businesses require or request a financial statement with the highest level of assurance and testing. This request may be a result of preparing the business for a merger or acquisition or providing clarity and peace of mind to shareholders.
A business audit encompasses:
- Review of corporate governance;
- Review of accounting software and how it is implemented;
- Risk management assessment and assistance;
- Review of internal controls;
- Assistance with complex accounting matters and financial statement preparation;
- Review of internal accounting procedures and protocols.