DMC is a mid-sized firm in Prince George, serving clients in Northern British Columbia. We are currently hiring newly designated professionals to enhance our growth.
DMC offers team members challenging diverse work assignments, security, training and development, mentorship and coaching, flexibility and life work balance along with community involvement and career advancement opportunities. Professionals have an opportunity to participate in developing and implementing strategic initiatives, and share on the business growth.
Roles and Responsibilities
As a CPA you will have the opportunity to lead team members and work closely with DMC partners and other designated professionals on audits, compilations, reviews, supervision and standards, tax planning and business development also encompassing:
- Lead small to medium sized business engagements;
- Lead corporate and not-for-profit audit teams and engagements;
- Ensure audit and accounting standards are current and reviewed annually;
- Participate on training and development of teams; review junior team work for accuracy;
- Supervise and ensure quality control for teams;
- Work with management team to attract new engagements; actively participate in community, business and networking events; Develop proposals for new client acquisitions; maintain and nurture client relationships;
- Establish and monitor engagement budgets;
- Liaise with partners and tax manager on tax strategy plans for clients; and
- Provide ongoing professional development, coaching and mentorship for team
Skills & Qualifications
- Highly engaged and motivated individual with a desire to grow;
- Newly designated CPA with three to five years public accounting experience covering the area of audits, compilation, review engagements and personal tax;
- Excellent communications and management skills; effective management of multiple and conflicting demands and priorities;
- Excellent client service skills with the ability to adapt to clients needs; ability to adapt to develop and maintain strong, long term relationships with clients; and
- Ability to instil client confidence and provide responses to complex client inquiries.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience, education and the ability to demonstrate client care and acquisition abilities. You will enjoy a variety of intrinsic benefits which we are happy to discuss during the interview.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Monday to Friday
- Bachelor’s Degree (required)
- Accounting: 3 years (required)