Chartered Accountants BC

Chartered Accountants were the first accountants to form a professional body, initially established in Britain in 1854. Chartered Accountants work in all fields of business and finance, including audit, taxation, financial and general management. Some are engaged in public practice work, whereas others work in the private sector, and some are employed by federal and provincial government organizations, including crown corporations.

Chartered Accountants' institutes require members to undertake a minimum level of continuing professional development to stay professionally competitive. They facilitate special interest groups (for instance, entertainment and media, or insolvency and restructuring) which lead in their fields. They provide support to members by offering advisory services, technical helplines and technical libraries. They also offer opportunities for professional networking and career and business development.

What do Chartered Accountants (CA) do?

According to Chartered Accountants of Canada, Chartered Accountants, or CAs, are business professionals who generally work in four key areas.  About 40 percent of CAs are in public practice, while the other 60 percent are employed in industry, government, or education. You can find more information on Chartered Accountants of Canada's website.